Eurocode 2 part 1-1: Design of concrete structures 7.3 Crack control
- Crack Width Calculation As Per Aci 318 14 Online
- Crack Width Calculation As Per Aci 318 1400
- Crack Width Calculation As Per Aci 318 14 Free
- Crack Width Calculation As Per Aci 318 14 Pdf
The crack width, wk, may be calculated as follows:
Calculate the required reinforcement to resist the moment at the stem base: Mu t Use #8 bars with 2.0 in. Concrete cover per ACI 318-14 (Table 22.214.171.124.1). The distance from extreme compression fiber to the centroid of longitudinal tension reinforcement, d, is calculated below: d. Jiang Y S, Liang S S, Chen D W. Research on anti-crack and crack width calculation method of high strength concrete beams with high strength reinforcement. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Seminar of High Strength Concrete and Application. Nanjing, Jiangsu, China, 1995, 147–154.
|wk = sr,max⋅(εsm - εcm)||(7.8)|
- is the maximum crack spacing
- is the mean strain in the reinforcement under the relevant combination of loads, including the effect of imposed deformations and taking into account the effects of tension stiffening
- is the mean strain in the concrete between cracks.
see application for a rectangular section or application for a T-section
- the secant modulus of elasticity of concrete
fct,eff = fctm or lower, (fctm(t)), if cracking is expected earlier than 28 days
|= (As + ξ1⋅A'p)/Ac,eff||(7.10)|
- the ratio of bond strength of prestressing and reinforcing steel, according to Table 6.2
- the largest bar diameter of the reinforcing steel
- the diameter or equivalent diameter of prestressing steel:
Φp = 1,6⋅√AP for bundles, where AP is the area of a prestressing steel,
Φp = 1,75⋅Φwire for single 7 wire strands,
Φp = 1,20⋅Φwire for single 3 wire strands, where Φwire is the wire diameter.
kt = 0,6 for short term loading,
kt = 0,4 for long term loading.
• Where the bonded reinforcenlent is fixed at reasonably close centres within the tension zone (spacing ≤ 5(c + Φ/2), cf. Figure 7.2), the maximum crack spacing sr,max may be calculated as follows:
|sr,max = k3c + k1k2k4Φ / ρp,eff||(7.11)|
k1 = 0,8 for high bond bars,
k1 = 1,6 for bars with an effectively plain surface (e.g. prestressing tendons).
k2 = 0,5 for bending,
k2 = 1,0 for pure tension.
Intermediate values of k2 should be used for cases of eccentric tension or for local areas:
Crack Width Calculation As Per Aci 318 14 Online
|k2 = (ε1 + ε2)/(2ε1)||(7.13)|
where ε1 is the greater and ε2 is the lesser tensile strain at the boundaries of the section considered, assessed on the basis of a cracked section.
• Where the spacing of the bonded reinforcement exceeds 5(c + Φ/2) (cf. Figure 7.2), or where there is no bonded reinforcement within the tension zone, the maximum crack spacing sr,max may be calculated as follows:
|sr,max = 1,3(h - x)||(7.14)|
- is the overall depth of the section (see Figure 7.1)
- is the neutral axis depth of the section (see Figure 7.1).
This application calculates the crack width wk from your inputs. Intermediate results will also be given.
First, change the following option if necessary: